According to a Cisco study, 80% of information consumed on the internet will be via video by 2019. Video is swiftly overtaking written content as the go-to means of sharing vital information about brands, products, and services. It is vital marketers add this format to their marketing strategy. The question is: How can you successfully integrate video into your brand’s vision in 2017?
- Telling Your Story – Video gives brands the ability to share their unique vision with potential clients and consumers. A well-crafted video detailing your mission, purpose, and goals, while showing a glimpse of your company behind the scenes, is a fantastic way to share important information in an engaging way. Companies are now using video to replace dated and boring ‘About Us’ pages to give viewers a vibrant picture of their brand. This type of video doesn’t have to be complicated, it just has to effectively communicate your brand to existing consumers.
- Combining Existing Marketing Strategies – Video can be used to complement existing marketing content. A two-minute video can engage and share pertinent information quickly for viewers who don’t have time to read a white paper, case study, or blog, extolling the virtues of your product or services. While certainly not a replacement for these formats, video can give viewers the initial most important takeaways, with written content providing further, in-depth information.
- Hiring – Video is an excellent way to attract new talent in your recruitment strategy. Millennials and Generation Z are drawn to video content. A snappy video showcasing things such as a day-in-the-life, what your company offers, employee interviews, and company culture, is a great way to get new hires excited to work for you. Read our case study ‘Driving Instant Results with Video Advertising for Exact‘ to find out how we used video advertising to promote Exact as an employer in NL and increase candidate submissions.
- Announcements – How many people really read their company newsletter or a press release? Most people hit delete and move on. Video can turn blasé press releases and internal newsletters about company events and important announcements into engaging news pieces. Viewers can get the gist of your message without being bored to tears. If you have something important to get across, a brief video outlining those points might just do the trick and get your employees and potential consumers to tune in, instead of tune out.
- Social Media – Video enables brands to engage a wider audience than ever before with the popularity of live video streaming on channels such as Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram. Currently, the opportunity to monetize live video is in the works, but with the help of paid ads on social channels, video content can reach relevant audiences quickly. There is little need to build a viewer base from the ground up for video marketing because large platforms such as Facebook have these users already in place. Successfully engaging viewers via social media can help drive traffic and build brand loyalty.
Incorporating video strategies into the marketing mix can help brands convey their vision, promote hiring drives, and share announcements with the potential for extensive reach and increased engagement. It can complement existing marketing initiatives by giving users the ability to access important information quickly, and cement brand loyalty by tapping into video’s massive social media appeal.