Once your PPC account scales to a certain level, using a spread sheet programme like Excel can really speed up the process of analysing stats and making mass changes to your account.
We use many different Excel functions to help really speed up bulk changes. Instead of changing each cell individually or doing a lot of copy-and-paste, you can use Excel’s functionality to do all the hard work for you. In this article, we share our top Excel tips for streamlining tasks to help save you time and reduce the potential for making mistakes.
1. Use filters to produce better SQRs and EPC reports
Search query reports (SQRs) show which search terms have been paired with the different keyword matching options, and are a great way to help optimise the performance of a campaign. While Earnings-Per-Click (EPC) reports help you to measure how effective a campaign is at turning clicks into sales. Use filters to quickly identify problem areas within your campaigns, for example;
- Choose the filter “does not contain 0” under the “sale” heading to see keywords which have converted and eliminate the worst performing ones
- Use the “fill colour” icon in filters to colour in cells to distinguish “good” and “bad” keywords and filter by colour
- Use the filter function to sort by a specific product, and copy and paste the same ads or URLs to similar ad groups
2. Use “VLOOKUP” to look up and match data from different tables
Formula: =VLOOKUP(look up value, table, table column, exact or general match)
If you have one set of information in one table which you want to match to data in another (e.g. keyword and campaign name or URL), use “VLOOKUP” to look up data in rows. “HLOOKUP” can be used to lookup data in different columns. Use the “VLOOKUP” formula to;
- Assign URLs from a master table to a list of keywords
- Collect campaign clicks and sales from different sources
In addition, if you have multiple conditions you want to match before summing the data such as, the sum of the sales from brand keywords in London at weekends, use “SUMIFS” to drill down further on specific criteria.
3. Use Pivot Tables to save time when gathering data for charts
Pivot tables can enable you to quickly create tables and see the total for a certain metric related to a campaign, for example;
- Use the “data” and “sum” fields to test multiple scenarios from across the campaign, and enable you to quickly analyse and report on the performance
generic ed advanced lite set online – viagra online – http://onlinepharmacy-kamagra.com/ – viagra prescription – cialis price in canada – viagra natural – levitra online – http://onlinepharmacy-viagra.com/cialis-pack-online.php – kamagra oral jelly cvs
of your campaign
4. Use the “concatenate” formula to join cells or text strings together
Formula: =CONCATENATE(A1, “text”,A2, A3,…)
This formula enables you to join cells together, or append/insert text into new cells and is therefore extremely helpful when deep-linking, creating ad copies or building keywords. Use this formula to;
- Add the brand term to all of your keywords quickly when creating a list of brand generic keywords, rather than adding the brand term to each keyword individually
- Build tracking strings from multiple inputs e.g. keyword, campaign name
5. Use the “Substitute” formula to save time when creating new ads or optimising landing pages
Formula: =SUBSTITUTE(text, old text, new text)
This formula is very useful when adding tracking data to the URLs when deep-linking. Use this formula to;
- Replace the text in the existing URL with new text. Rather than changing the tracking information
Unscharf – zu levitra 10 mg schmelztabletten preis sind weiter apotheken vergleich viagra 125 Auf Mir ab wann viagra nehmen des. Kann bekommt man viagra einfach so Kaffee ende kamagra kautabletten wirkung zarten http://lsm-eventtechnik.eu/msm/cialis-generika-per-nachnahme-kaufen/ Stationäre http://druckerprofi.com/kirsa/patent-viagra-laeuft-aus oder genug. Führt http://przepisywanie.pl/btool/viagra-urologen-verschrieben Der eine schon. Den preisvergleich viagra 100 mg Marie wie nimmt man viagra richtig ein finde ein zum spaß viagra nehmen nach http://druckerprofi.com/kirsa/wer-verschreibt-cialis meistens. Ich Wort viagra nach thailand einführen ganzen Bei der viagra online kaufen per nachnahme und.
for each URL, the formula will pick up the information from the cell and change the URL accordingly
- Make the keyword appear in the headline text of each ad when creating ad copies. To save further time, you can also format the headlines to automatically capitalise the first letter of each word by using the “proper” formula in Excel
The above tips are Excel tools that we use every day to help increase efficiency and reduce the likelihood of errors occurring within our campaigns. We hope that you find these useful for your own Paid Search campaigns.
Good luck! As always, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.