Social Media statistics are important to marketers to keep on top of the rapidly changing digital landscape. We’ve collected key statistics for Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to provide the most recent snapshot of the most relevant social media movers. These are things to consider when planning your social media strategy.
- 1.44 billion monthly active Facebook users as of December 15, 2015.
- The average time spent on Facebook per day is 20 minutes as of July 8, 2015.
- 934 million daily active mobile users.
- 47% – the percentage of Facebook users that only log-in from a mobile device as of November 4, 2015.
- 91% – the percentage of Millennials that use Facebook (ages 15-34).
- 49% of Facebook UK users are men, 51% are women.
- Twitter has 320 million active users in November 2015.
- The average Twitter user follows 5 or more businesses.
- 37% of Twitter users will buy from a brand they follow.
- Americans on average spend 17 minutes per day on Twitter.
- 400 million users worldwide as of October 29, 2015.
- 70% of LinkedIn’s users are outside the US
- 79% of users are 35 or older.
- 39 million – the number of students and recent grads on LinkedIn
- 59% of LinkedIn users don’t use Twitter
Interested in learning how to run a Facebook campaign that delivers performance? Download our whitepaper: 5 Facebook Advertising Tactics to Drive Performance