Resellers can be a thorn in the side of any retailer, especially when it comes to drawing in traffic through advertising. Whether it’s through Paid Search, Display, or Paid Social, we’ve gathered some of our top tips for beating out your competitors across the digital space.
- On Social, you are able to exclude your site visitors, allowing you to create campaigns that specifically target prospects who have little knowledge of your brand. If new customer acquisition is your goal, then this is a great way to boost your brand awareness on social.
- Your CRM data can prove especially useful for both Search and Social. It keeps you more informed on your existing customers, allowing you to tailor your content to suit what they’re actually buying, and keep yourself front of mind to avoid competitors taking a loyal customer away. Nothing is worse than your customer seeing an ad for a competitor when looking for one of your products.
- Stay on top of what your competitors are doing. Are they running a sale? Have they made a major change to their landing page? This might be the impetus someone needs to jump ship to a competitor. Keep an eye out for any major changes, and respond accordingly.
- Make sure you have protected your brand by ensuring your trademark is registered with Google. While this won’t stop anyone from bidding on your terms, it will make it more expensive to do so as they can’t use your brand name in their copy – thus lowering their quality score – and will make their ad look less related to the search – lowering CTR.
- Share your data across channels to make sure you pick up anyone who didn’t convert on another channel. For example, use your top performing keywords on Search to fuel your Display contextual targeting, or using cross-channel audiences on Social so you don’t miss someone who clicked on a Shopping ad but didn’t convert, and so on.
Keep these tips in mind and you’ll be sure to stand out amongst competitors and resellers alike.